HMIS Training Slides
- UHMIS: New End-User Training,
- Brand new users to the system will be entering data into an agency program.
- Slide 42 starts a walkthrough of the new end-user homework and basic system navigation.
- UHMIS: Night-By-Night Emergency Shelter Training
- For users that have finished the new end-user training and work in a Night-By-Night Emergency Shelter.
- UHMIS: Domestic Violence Service Provider New End-User Training
- For users employed by Victim Service Providers (VSPs).
- 2021 UHMIS End-User Agreement
- 2021 UHMIS Privacy Posting
- COVID-19 UHMIS Privacy Posting Addendum: The addendum was rescinded on 5/24/23 by the UHMIS Steering Committee. Agencies are no longer required to post it next to the UHMIS Privacy Posting.
- 2021 UHMIS Privacy Posting – Spanish
- This Spanish Privacy Posting was translated using a Spanish dialect that may not translate fully for some Spanish speakers. A Spanish-speaking staff person should ensure clients understand the document and that any questions they have are answered.
- 2021 UHMIS Informed Consent Release Form
- 2021 UHMIS Informed Consent Release Form – Spanish
- New Agency Partner Agreements:
- UHMIS Contributing HMIS Organization Partner Agreement
- UHMIS Data Sharing Memorandum of Understanding
- Used when one agency asks another to enter data into its UHMIS project(s).
- It may be altered to fit the agency’s agreement needs.
Basic Assessment Forms
- Basic Assessment Form
- Use this form as a guide to collect all the 2022 HUD HMIS Data Standard for most programs, for Entry Assessment, Annual Assessment, and Exit Assessment. Agencies may customize this form, and UHMIS System Administrators can provide a Word Document upon request. This form is designed to collect the Universal Data Standard elements required for all projects, and it does not collect all of the required elements for specialized projects such as; HOPWA, RHY, PATH, and SSVF.
- 9/27/21 Update:
- Updated for 2022 HUD HMIS Data Standards (implemented 10/1/21)
- Removed all non-required questions, including pregnancy due date and exit reason.
- Upon request, a Word version and a larger 3-page version.
- CARES Basic Assessment Form (2020 Data Standards, expired 9/30/21)
- The Basic Assessment form with COVID-19 questions
- Coordinated Entry Basic Assessment form (2022 Data Standards)
- The Basic Assessment form with Coordinated Entry questions and CE Events.
- Permanent Supportive Housing Basic Assessment form (2022 Data Standards)
- The Basic Assessment form tailored for PSH projects includes the Well-Being assessment.
- PATH Basic Assessment Form
- The Basic Assessment form is tailored for projects funded with PATH dollars (specifically services only and street outreach programs, please check data elements for other PATH-funded projects).
- Street Outreach Basic Assessment Form.
- The Basic Assessment form for Street Outreach.
- Night By Night Emergency Shelter Basic Assessment Form
- The basic assessment form for Night By Night Emergency Shelters.
Reporting in HMIS
Updated on 7/27/22
- General language and screenshot updates for the 2022 UHMIS User Interface Upgrade
Other Useful Information
- Summary of all required data elements
- Use this document to check if you are collecting all required data at the correct time for each program, including all specialized project types.
- Fun fact, the UHMIS Lead Agency lovingly calls this the “baby blanket” because we think big spreadsheets full of helpful reference information are comforting.
- UHMIS Security Model
- Final Rule on Defining “Chronically Homeless”
- How to Create Client SPDAT Score Graph in Excel
- How to do a Referral for a PATH or RHY Program in ClientTrack
- How to Use the Help Feature in ClientTrack
- HMIS Training Videos