HMIS Data Standards Manual (last implemented October 1, 2019)
This Manual is intended to serve as a reference and provide basic guidance on HMIS data elements for CoCs, HMIS Lead Agencies, HMIS System Administrators, and users. The companion document to the HMIS Data Manual is the HMIS Data Dictionary which defines all of the data elements and requirements for HMIS compliance for HMIS Vendors and System Administrators.
HMIS Data Dictionary (last implemented October 1, 2019)
The HMIS Data Dictionary is designed for HMIS vendors, HMIS Lead Agencies, and HMIS system administrators to understand all of the data elements required in an HMIS, data collection and function of each required element and the specific use of each element by the appropriate federal partner. The HMIS Data Dictionary should be the source for HMIS software programming.
HMIS systems must be able to collect all of the data elements defined in the HMIS Data Dictionary, support system logic identified in this document, and ensure that data collection and the visibility of data elements is appropriate to the project type and federal funding source for any given project.
Program Specific HMIS Manuals
- Emergency Solutions Grant Program (ESG) HMIS Program Manual
- Continuum of Care (CoC) Program HMIS Manual
- Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) Program HMIS Manual
- Runaway and Homeless Youth (RHY) Program HMIS Manual
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) HMIS Manual
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Programs HMIS Manual
- HUD-VASH HMIS Manual (Federally-Funded Programs for Homeless Veterans)
- Supportive Housing Program Desk Guide